IAASA, Ireland’s accounting enforcer, has today published a further compendium of financial reporting decisions. These decisions relate to accounting treatments applied by CRH plc, Crown Global Secondaries plc, Flutter Entertainment plc, Irish Continental Group plc, Kerry Group plc, Kingspan Group plc and Smurfit Kappa Group plc in their financial reports.
These decisions cover a range of accounting treatments applied under accounting requirements including:
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows
- IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation
- IAS 36 Impairment of Assets
- IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- IFRS 7 Financial Instruments: Disclosures
- IFRS 8 Operating Segments
- IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement
- Guidelines on Alternative Performance Measures
These decisions include instances where the company voluntarily agreed to enhance its accounting treatment or disclosures in future financial reports to address matters identified in the course of IAASA’s examinations.
IAASA’s policy on publishing financial reporting decisions and the criteria to be met for such decisions to be published is set out in IAASA’s Policy Paper on Publication of IAASA’s Financial Reporting Findings.
The financial reporting decisions for each company are included in a compendium of decisions which can be accessed here.
IAASA will continue to publish selected financial reporting decisions periodically.