Skip to content





Sort by:

Most viewed

How can I satisfy myself that a person and/or firm is properly qualified to provide auditing service

In order to legitimately act as an auditor under the Companies Acts (i.e. to audit the financial statements of an entity ), a person/firm must be a Registered Auditor. To become a registered auditor, a person/firm must: Be a member of a recognised accountancy body; and have been authorised by that body to act as an auditor … Continued

See more...

How do I make a complaint about a prescribed accountancy body/PAB?

If you have a complaint about a PABs non-compliance with its approved investigation and discipline procedures, the matter can be referred to IAASA. A complaints form can be found here. The complaint process Following the receipt of a complaint which indicates an instance of non-compliance with the PABs procedures, if the matter cannot be dealt with by … Continued

See more...

What is IAASA’s role regarding complaints against accountants/ auditors or a firm of accountants/auditors?

Under the model of independent statutory oversight set out in the Companies Act 2014 the Authority’s role is to supervise how the PABs regulate and monitor their members which includes the PABs complaints handling, investigation and disciplinary processes Primary responsibility for the receipt and investigation of complaints relating to the prescribed accountancy bodies’ (‘PABs) members/member firms resides … Continued

See more...

What is a Prescribed Accountancy Body (‘PAB’)?

A Prescribed Accountancy Body (‘PAB’) is any accountancy body that comes within the supervisory remit of IAASA under the Act. There are currently seven PABs each of which has its own formal system for dealing with complaints relating to its members/member firms, including, where necessary an investigation and disciplinary process. The seven PABs and the … Continued

See more...

How do I make a complaint about an accountant/auditor or firm of accountants?

If you want to make a complaint about your accountant/auditor or a firm of accountants/auditors, you should initially contact the Prescribed Accountancy Body (‘PAB’) of which the accountant/auditor/firm is a member. Please click here for contact details for the PABs. If the complaint relates to the audit of a Public Interest Entity (PIE), you should refer your complaint … Continued

See more...